The day cycle is a period of 20 hours in game from 6am to 2am. Past midnight (12:00 am), the player's character becomes tired and in need of sleep. However, the player can stay awake until 2am, after which their character will pass out.
If the character passes out they will wake up in bed, having been dragged back home by Leo. This applies to both Indie and Amelia. when controlling Leo alone the player will not pass out as is able to go the whole night without sleep.
Townfolk and City Routines
It is considered nighttime after 6pm, but it does not become dark until around 8pm (when outside).
Townsfolk will often appear or interact differently (or not all) at night time, and various locations may be closed or open.
If the game is not paused and passes without a cut-scene, one maximum-length game-day (20 hours) passes in 860 seconds, real-time (14 minutes 20 seconds). At this rate:
- One displayed time step of 10 minutes in-game equals about 7.17 seconds.
- One in-game hour equals 43 seconds.
- One in-game season equals 401 minutes 20 seconds (~6.689 hours).
- One in-game year equals 1605 minutes 20 seconds (~26.756 hours).
- Two in-game years equal 3210 minutes 40 seconds (~53.511 hours).
This calculation does not contain any between-day cut-scenes, announcements, or the selling summary after each day.
Playing 18-hour game-days:
- One in-game day equals 774 seconds (12.9 minutes).
- One in-game season equals 361 minutes 12 seconds (6.02 hours).
- Two in-game years equal 2889 minutes 36 seconds (48.16 hours).